Science of Life Explored, Sacred Self Knowledge Found
October 13th, 14th & November 3rd, 4th
10:00AM - 4:00PM all days
The time has come! It's time to invoke upon a journey of sacred self knowledge as we explore one of the oldest holistic medicinal systems in the world, Ayurveda. Ayur - means life and Veda - means knowledge or science. Thus, it's the profound science of life.
Learning about and weaving Ayurveda into life is really about the path to total health and wellness. Ayurveda helps us align with our true spiritual nature, gives insight into the causes of disease and shines a spotlight on digestive health. Yoga and Ayurveda together, create a power pack combo of holistic science designed for peaceful, joyful living.
PART I - October 13, 14 - 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Intro to Ayurveda, What's your Dosha (or Mind-Body type)?
- The Five Elements / Have you ever thought how much Fire do I really have? How about Earth or Ether? How are these qualities displayed in my personality?
- Ten Pairs of Qualities of Nature and how they appear in each Dosha
- Sacred Self Care - Lifestyle Practices
- Basic Ayurvedic Nutrition - including a Fall Cleanse
PART II - November 3, 4 - 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Where Ayurveda & Yoga Intersect
- Asana Practice for Each Dosha
- The Yoga of Breathing / Western Mechanics & Ayurvedic Perspective
- The Subtle Doshas: Positive forces of Prana, Tejas, Ojas
- Yoga for the Immune System
Early Bird Tuition by Sept 13 - Entire Series $349.00 Individual Weekends - $199.00
Regular Tuition for Series - $375.00 Individual Weekends - $225.00
Optional: Cleanse Rescue (for local students) - $175.00 for 5 days, includes cost of food, 2 meal/supply deliveries, including ghee). A cleanse will be offered at the end of weekend 1; this is an option for those students who would like help cooking.
Who is this course for?
Yoga Students, Yoga Teachers, Healers, Western Health Practitioners, Regular People. Anyone seeking to bring Ayurveda into your life a deeper level should take this course. This INCLUDES students already practicing Ayurveda. The tides are always changing, and what worked 5 years ago for your health may not work now. For those newer to Ayurveda, knowing your individual constitution (doshic makeup/mindbody type) will give you insight on what you need to do in your life to bring balance and at a minimum, digest your food better.
**This course, in its entirety, qualifies as 28 total hours (24 contact, 4 non contact) of continuing education with Yoga Alliance. Find this specific course and my profile as a continuing education provider on Yoga Alliance.
Registration is OPEN. Space is limited.
Email questions and inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org